What is Aroma Patch?
A unique, patented patch that harnesses the power of aromatherapy through inhaling essential oil vapour. The vapour molecules enter the body entirely through inhalation The patches are NOT transdermal, meaning that no elements of the oils enter the skin.
How does the Aroma Patch work?
You open up the patch, stick it on your body or clothing close to your chest, and breathe in the fragrance.
Each pre-filled patch of goodness gently disperses a lovely aroma that activates the ‘feel good’ vibes in your body and mind. The essential oils range in scent and use depending on your needs.
We also have blank patches so you can create your own with your favourite ‘go-to’ oils.
Essentially, there’s a patch for everyone!
What are the benefits of these gorgeous patches?
- They are the safest way to use aromatherapy. No oil comes into contact with the skin, therefore there are no systemic effects.
- Get that soothing aromatherapy experience deep into your nostrils through inhalation technology.
- Portable and easy to use. Pop them in your pockets, handbag or drawer at work.
- Place them on your body or your skin - whatever works for you!
- Those sweet smelling particles hang around for 6-8 hours. Plenty of time to enjoy the benefits.
- Aroma patches are like a sweet smelling friend that follows you everywhere. The smell won’t disturb others (please note: you may attract people for free hugs due to your irresistible smell!)
Can you tell me how aromatherapy and essential oil work?
“When we inhale through the nose, airborne molecules interact with the olfactory organs and almost immediately, the brain… The limbic part of the brain is directly connected to those parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance.” (Higley and Higley, 1998.)
OK I’m in! How do I use the patches?
- Open the pouch and take out the patch
- Find the tab and peel off the top layer, while holding down the bottom layer
- Remove the patch from the clear liner and apply the adhesive side to your skin or clothing. For most effective use, place it on the upper chest area.
- Be sure to remove body lotions or oils where ever the patch is applied.
Will it hurt my skin?
The only thing that touches your precious skin is the hypoallergenic hydrosol adhesive, which is scientifically proven to be non-irritating, even to sensitive skin.
I have a favourite essential oil that isn’t available as a patch. What should I do?
You can always use your own oils or blends with our blank inhalation patch. Place one or two drops of the essential oil onto the reservoir inside the patch, being careful not to overfill. Place it around the upper chest area for an all-day therapeutic experience. It’s like a portable day spa!
Who can use the Aroma Patches?
- Yoga/Pilates Studios
- Sleep Centres
- Spa’s/Wellness Centres
- Day Surgeries
- Aged Care Facilities
- Palliative Care
- Labour & Delivery Units
- Peri-operative units
How do I inhale essential oils?
The olfactory system
The olfactory system includes all physical organs or cells relating to, or contributing to, the sense of smell. When we inhale through the nose, airborne molecules interact with the olfactory organs and, almost immediately, the brain.
Molecules inhaled through the nose or mouth are also carried to the lungs and interact with the respiratory system. Thus, inhaled essential oils can affect the body through several systems and pathways.
Interaction with the limbic system (emotional brain)
During inhalation, odor molecules travel through the nose and affect the brain through a variety of receptor sites, one of which is the limbic system, which is commonly referred to as the "emotional brain."
The limbic system is directly connected to those parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance (Higley & Higley, 1998). This relationship helps explain why smells often trigger emotions. Knowing this, we can hypothesize how inhalation of essential oils can have some very profound physiological and psychological effects!